In Prekindergarten we use the Get Set for School™ curriculum by Handwriting Without Tears™ (HWT). This award-winning Pre-K curriculum is developmentally appropriate and designed so that all children can thrive and build a strong foundation for kindergarten.
Get Set for School uses music and movement to engage children and help them develop good learning habits. Children learn actively as they play, color, draw, count, build, and sing. Through these experiences, your child will:
• Develop social-emotional skills to support learning
• Build physical coordination, strength, and crayon grip
• Recognize letters and numbers
• Learn habits for writing capitals and numbers (Start at the top!)
• Ask and answer questions
• Build vocabulary
• Listen to and repeat a simple story
• Count objects and sort objects by size, color, or other attributes
• And much more…
Your child will learn important readiness, early writing, literacy, and math skills. These potentially complex subjects will be broken down into simpler tasks that build on what children already know. This way, they can master skills one step at a time as they develop lifelong learning habits.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.